5 days course
The main goal of this recreational course is to teach you the mountain skills needed for you to enjoy the mountains in a safe environment. You will learn how to travel on a snow covered glacier and together we will reach few epic summits of Iceland.
This course can be a good one to have before signing in for the official Falla 1 (Mountain 1) in the AIMG program.
What is included:
- 5 days guided course thought by a member of the AIMG alpine trekking guide
- a document at the end of the course to be added on your CV
Dates: end May-June 2020
Participants: max 6
Price: contact us
Topics of the course
- knowledge of the gear (slings, ice screws, crampons, ropes…)
- basic mountaineering knots
- rope descending / ascending
- ice anchors and snow anchors
- crevasse rescue and rope work
- glaciology and crevasse patterns on snow covered glaciers
- route selection and navigation
- camping in the wilderness on a snow covered glacier
Equipment list and detailed program will be sent to participants one month prior to the course.
Location of the course
- 1 day in Reykjavik, rescue team house
- 1 full day climbing Eyjafjallajokull (1.666 m)
- 3 days in Skaftafell area climbing the highest peak of Iceland, Hvannadalshnjúkur (2.110 m)